By Sarah Alisabeth Fox. For Fox, downwind is at once a concept, a state of being, and a geographic location. During the latter half of the twentieth century, downwind meant hazardous exposure to radiation; to be downwind meant to be rural, pastoral, Native, or Mormon; to live downwind meant abiding in an undesirable place, proximate to dangerous activities, with no refuge or recourse. Given these parameters, Fox argues Most users should sign in with their email address. If you originally registered with a username please use that to sign in. To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above.
Don't already have an Oxford Academic account? Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Downwind: A People’s History of the Nuclear West, by Sarah Alisabeth Fox.
Sign In or Create an Account. Sign In. Advanced Search. Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation. Volume Leisl Carr Childers. Oxford Academic. Google Scholar. Cite Citation. Permissions Icon Permissions. The Nisselinka Claims.
- Little Girls.
- Signal Transduction in the Cardiovascular System in Health and Disease (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease).
- Origins: Genesis, Evolution and Diversity of Life (Cellular Origin, Life in Extreme Habitats and Astrobiology).
- Downwind: A People’s History of the Nuclear West, by Sarah Alisabeth Fox. | Me, you, and books?
- Downwind: A People's History of the Nuclear West by Sarah Alisabeth Fox.
Robert Longe. These Canyons Are Full of Ghosts. Emmett C.
The City That Ate Itself. Brian James Leech. Greg Strandberg. Boomtown Saloons. Kelly J. The New Eldorado.
Review: Downwind by Sarah Alisabeth Fox - Resilience
Phyllis Flanders Dorset. Defending Giants.
Darren Frederick Speece. Historical Archaeology in the Cortez Mining District.
- Musical Performance: A Philosophical Study;
- Rabbinic Narrative: A Documentary Perspective: Forms, Types and Distribution of Narratives in the Mishnah, Tractate Abot, and the Tosefta.
- On the Prayer of Jesus!
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Downwind: A People's History of the Nuclear West?
Erich Obermayr. Quicksilver Mining in Sonoma County. Joe Pelanconi. Coal in Campbell County. Mary Kelley. The Gold Rush Letters of E. Allen Grosh and Hosea B.
Ian Neligh. Romancing Nevada'S Past. Shawn Hall. Following the Guidon. Elizabeth B. Calaveras Gold. Ronald H. Marguerite Sprague. Mining in Yuba County. Kathleen Smith. Ores to Metals. James E. Mercury and the Making of California. Andrew Scott Johnston. Las Vegas Has a Bad Knee.
Martin J. Gambling on Ore. Kent Curtis. Mines of Clear Creek County. Ben M. Nevada's Twentieth-Century Mining Boom. Russell R.
maisonducalvet.com/alcolea-del-ro-citas-con-chicas.php Maria Raquel Casas. Harry Reid. Aunt Phil's Trunk. San Francisco's Potrero Hill. Peter Linenthal. Tiburon and Belvedere. Branwell Fanning. Contact Creede! Barbara Marriott. Point Piedras Blancas.